Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Naked from the Waist Down


I thought I would try knitting Tomokee a sweater to use up some leftover yarn. I started with a computer-generated pattern I found on the web and adjusted things as I went along. I've come to the conclusion that a typical dog sweater is a tube with holes for the front legs. However, in Tomokee's case I decided to fasten with a button on each side to avoid having to somehow fit his long legs through armholes. The end result came out pretty good, but it is a little loose, so he has that Jennifer Beals in Flashdance off-the-shoulder look. Quite the fashion-plate, he is. Also, as with most dogs wearing clothing, he looks like someone wearing a top with no pants.

For those of you who knit, the top half was done in a garter stitch, and the bottom was done in a 2x2 rib with a garter stich border. I also added a single crochet border around most of it.

No comments: